Find support

Need to talk?

If you are a young person and you need some help, or if you are concerned about a child or young person, please talk to someone about it. You do not have to deal with any situation by yourself. There are people out there who can help and you deserve the support you need to make things better, or to work things out yourself.

If young person is at risk or you are a young person and you are concerned about your safety, you should call the MASH on 0345 155 1071 or email In an emergency call 999 or 112.

What support is out there?

All the different links can seem a bit overwhelming. Just asking a trusted adult to help you look can make things a lot easier.

You can talk to someone at the Yard – we are there to listen and help and we can work with you to find solutions. You can talk to us during a session, message us on Facebook or email

You can talk to a teacher at your school – teachers are also there to help and they will listen and take you seriously.

Access one-to-one support and counselling

You can phone or chat online with Childline or chat online with Kooth or send a message to Devon Space. Both Space and Young Devon can provide one-to-one support and counselling for young people age 11+.


If you are a young person who is being bullied, or your child is being bullied, you can get help here and here as well as from the contacts above.

Mental health

For mental health concerns – there is a 24/7 Devon CAMHS helpline 03300 245 321 during office hours, outside these hours call 0300 555 5000. Young Minds also has a great website for mental health information.

Health questions or worries and sexual health

If you are worried about any aspect of your health or have a question, the ChatHealth text line is available for young people aged 11-19. You can ask a school nurse anything on 07520 631722. Or young people are entitled to talk to a doctor or nurse at their local health centre. You can make an appointment at Moreton Health Centre by calling 01647 440591 Mon-Thurs 8.30 am – 6 pm, Fri 8.30 – 5 pm and there is some great advice here about visiting a doctor. You can also get advice at the Moreton Pharmacy which is open 9 am – 6 pm on weekdays and 9 am – 1 pm on Saturdays.

For sexual health services in Devon, phone 0300 303 3989 and a nurse will call you back as soon as possible. You can get advice and make an appointment if you need.

Reporting a crime and social media incidents

If someone is in danger phone 999 or 112. For non-urgent crime reports you can report online to the Police here or call 101. To report a hate crime, including harmful incidents that don’t count (meet the threshold) of crime, visit Report It.

You can also use thinkuknow to report inappropriate behaviour towards young people as well as finding advice on online safety.

There is great guidance here and here on how to report bullying and abuse to the main social media platforms.

Family issues

For family advice and confidential online support you can visit Family Lives. If your family is finding things difficult at the moment you can look for a referral to Early Help to get more support from different people, by asking a professional you already know (like a youth worker or health visitor), or by calling 0345 155 1071 and asking for Early Help.

If you or someone you know in the South-West is affected by domestic violence you can get support from Splitz.

If a young person is at risk contact the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub, call 0345 155 1071 (8-8 weekdays, 9-1 Saturdays) or email If you aren’t sure, call and ask for advice.

Finding other services

There are lots of other services available in Devon although some of them have closed or become harder to access after Covid, or can be tricky from Moreton without transport. Pinpoint Devon is a comprehensive and regularly updated list of community and support organisations.

The Yard Child Protection Statement

All children and young people have fundamental rights, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, or religious belief. These include: the right to have their basic needs met, the right to an education, the right to be heard, and the right to protection from harm, abuse, or neglect.

It is the prime responsibility of MAY to promote the rights of young people and help to protect young people. Accordingly, anyone working on behalf of MAY, including staff, volunteers and management committee members are expected to:

  • read, understand and abide by our Child Protection policies and procedures
  • attend training
  • follow the Child Protection Procedure and Guidance below if they suspect a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of, harm.

MAY is committed to:

  • valuing and listening to young people, respecting their rights and feelings
  • taking all reasonable practicable steps to protect young people from harm within a relationship of trust
  • maintaining a safe and secure Youth Club premises and ensuring the safety of everyone involved
  • recruiting employees and volunteers safely
  • providing effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support and training
  • sharing information about child protection and good practice with children, parents, staff and volunteers, including this policy
  • where necessary, sharing information about concerns with agencies who need to know, and involving parents and children appropriately.

If you are concerned about any young person in Devon you can talk to a youth worker here or refer your concerns to the designated Safeguarding Officers:

Jane Bowes, 01647 440625 or

Chrissy Kebbell, 07952 935235 or 01647 441366

You can also phone the Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub directly on 0345 155 1071. If a young person is in danger, phone 999.